5 Guys, 2 Girls, 1 Bottle of Vodka and a Queen

Gas to get to the dorms - $12.00
2 boxes Jello - $1.63
1 bottle of vodka - $15.12
The cost of your best friend making a drunken scene about you and all of your personal stuff in front of all of your friends? - priceless

Yeah, I went to a friends apartment upstairs and they were all drinking and having a good time. Well, I have just started my grammatical manifestation, so I had to take some Midol for my stomach cramps which meant that I couldn't drink any alcohol. This is me doing the responsible thing. So I had the privilege of being one of the few sober people around the fully trashed people. This meant that I got to here all of this drunken banter and be able to write it all down to keep. these are my favorites:

Ray - Jesus died
Cory - in February
Ray - Jesus died in February? I thought I died in October?

Ray TO Josh - I made sexual advantagages to you... and I love you!

Ray TO Mat after mat agreed to making him ramen noodles - Your a hot and sexy squirrel on Mars!!

Cory - I wanna Punch a bear! How would that make you feel? I'd feel like the Billy bad ass
of the Forest!!! (This one is my favorite)

Now all of you should know as well that I do not drink alcohol that much as it is; when I do it just enough to get me tipsy, I know my limit and I do not go past that. All I like is the occasional, and I'm talking like every 5 weeks or so, time when i need to wind down and just get a tiny bit loose. But I only do it when I have a few close friends that I trust with me. I especially refuse to get drunk in that kind of setting that I was in last night though. Even though I knew everyone that was there, I would be afraid of making myself out a fool like Ray did last night.
Last night, ray took five shots of 80 proof vodka and two vodka Jello shots. Then he talked Mat into one more shot of vodka. Ray, who is a big guy, was pretty drunk. Ray started making a whole scene about me and all of my shit and past choices and everything. All of which was stuff that no one else was supposed to know about and was really embarrassing to have him yell about drunkenly. What was more embarrassing was when I couldn't calm Ray down and get him to stop yelling at me, Josh had to step in and get him to stop and talk him down. It was so awful because it was all of this personal shit and then Josh felt that he had to get in there and calm him down before he said more shit about me. I was not the only one there that was sober. Sam, Josh, and Mat were sober and Joe had already sobered up by this point in the night. So everyone had to hear all of my personal business like that . And what made me so mad was when it was 2:30 in the morning, I'm dog tired from taking care of two really drunk people. one of whom cut himself whittling, and then to have Ray screaming all of my personal shit, I ended up leaning back on Mat because I was so tired and so overwhelmed. What I'm mad about is that when Ray saw this he screamed, "Oh and now your gonna Fuck him to! Thats just great!" and then continued on that. This made me so mad because Mats a close friend of mine and Ray just seemed to be saying everything that he knew could get me as upset as possible. God I just wanted to cry at the crescendo just because I was so tired and exhausted and ray just kept yelling and screaming about me.
I hated the end of the night with ray but I'm glad that I was there to witness that. It really solidified the fact that I never want to get drunk. That I'm fine with being mildly tipsy and that dunk is a level that I never want to achieve. You say things that you never want to say, you make an ass of yourself, its easier to get hurt and to hurt other people, and it just changes you, and not always for the better. And this is something that I don't want to be a part of.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry you had such a horrible night beth. I'm also sorry that I didn't talk to you. It just get's sort of annoying that we can't have an actual conversation w/o there being people around and me on speaker phone or whatever. I would love to talk to you but I don't want to have to compete with fifty million people in order to do it (it's already bad enough that I must compete w/ all the shiny objects in the world). + I had some people waiting on me and I couldn't sit in my room listening to silence while you finish you're conversation or actually listening to your conversation. Anyway, txt me if you wanna talk on skype or something (alone i mean). Bye! Love you!
P.S. don't worry about ray. at least he only tries to hurt you when he's drunk

Teddy Bears said...

Look, when some people get drunk most of their feelings come out. SO maybe Ray is jelous that you've slept with so many other people and not him. Not that you would. You told me that he's like a brother to you. I think that you should sit down with Ray and tell him exactly how u feel. It may hurt some feelings and it may not but it will make you guys a lot better friends.

Anonymous said...

Take what you can and give nothing back...if things happen you don't like..then I'm sorry but nothing is gonna change it..the best thing to do is just get over it and move on...so what someone said something that was supposed to be personal..who cares? it happens to everyone..life happens, move on.