Something New

So I want to give a try a writing poetry...it's not much, but I kind of like where it's going. Also, it's a spoken word, so that's why the lines are kind of screwy.




My Room

Sometimes, when I'm in class
sitting at that desk
writing Sublime lyrics in my notebook
I want to go to my room

Not my dorm room
Not my bedroom
not my boyfriends bedroom,
er....I mean his mom's basement

No, I wanna go to MY room

My room is big and small
My room fits any where I fit
But I don't always fit in my room..

My rooms walls change colors
they change with my presence
my walls are hippie mood walls

My room has shelves everywhere
And they are filled with blue glass bottles

Some of the bottles are beautiful
with frosted glass
and silver bobbles around the necks
I like those bottles

But a lot more of them are dark
and the glass bubbles
and is twisted and gnarled
like dead hanging trees

Some I want to break
So I never have to see them again

I just wish that more of them would be...
easier to look at.





Comment please.

0 comments: